Sunday, 17 November 2013

Switched- Cassie Mae


Switched


About-

Ever since high school, Kayla has been crazy for gorgeous football player Talon. But before she could muster the courage to tell him, he became a hot item with her beautiful BFF, Reagan. The only person who knows Kayla’s secret is Wesley, Talon’s best bud—and he’s got it bad for Reagan. Now they’re all in college together, hanging out 24/7. For Kayla, seeing the two lovebirds together is absolutely unbearable. So Kayla and Wesley hatch a plot to drive them apart before Talon has a chance to give Reagan the Christmas gift she’s been waiting for.

Soon enough, the once happy couple is fighting. Reagan suddenly can’t get enough of Wesley’s goofy sense of humour, and Talon seems to be paying more attention to Kayla than a guy who’s “only a friend” ever should. But just when everything seems to be falling into place, Kayla and Wesley accidentally spend a night together and discover a hitch in their plan they never considered: that switching partners may not lead to a perfect ending after all.
My Review
A great sweet story based on unrequited love!

Kayla, Reagan, Wesley, and Talon are in college. Kayla and Reagan are best friends as are Wesley and Talon. Reagan and Talon are dating and Kayla and Talon are in love with their best mate’s boyfriend/girlfriend. Kayla and Talon hang out together and plan to make them irresistible to the ones they love. I can be put off by stories about friends trying to steal their best friend’s boyfriend/ girlfriend but this was different and I think was mainly due to the way the author wrote the story. You really got see all the emotions that Kayla was feeling.

This story captured me from the beginning. It was a great story with many funny scenes that had me grinning at my kindle. I must say I loved Wesley from the beginning and my favourite scenes were those with Wesley and Kayla. I also liked the twist nearer the end it was a very clever idea. I think it would also be great if we could see some parts of the story from the POV of Wesley, Reagan and Talon.

I liked the fact that part of the story was wrote as if we could read Kayla’s journal entries and the little progress reports. It made the story a little different to others I have read recently and as I have said you get to see all the emotions and feelings that Kayla is struggling with and trying to make sense of.

It was fairly quick read that was addictive, sweet and funny. Overall a great little heart-warming story that I really enjoyed reading.

ARC provided from publishers from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review 
  



 




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much! I'm so happy you enjoyed it :D

    ReplyDelete